Monday, March 20, 2017

Why I'm not Knitting



After finally beating back De Quervain's tenosynovitis  and getting back to more knitting time, I had a bizarre accident. I was out during a windstorm when a blowing plastic bag hit my legs. I tried to turn to let it blow off, not realizing it was wrapped so tightly around me that I just toppled over. 

Mainly I feel grateful that I didn't break my wrist. What you can't see in the photo is that the parts of my arm that aren't black, blue or purple are a yellowish green.  I'm waiting for the swelling and bruising to go down. I did try ten minutes of knitting yesterday but it was very awkward. I'll try again in a few days.
 

2 comments:

  1. Sending you sympathy and saying a prayer. I had several go-rounds with carpal tunnel, it's hard to tell the design brain to be patient, and being a calm grown up without the peaceful knitting is trying.

    As ever, thanks for the blog!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine It is a little better every day I'm unfortunately very impatient when it comes to not being able to knit.

      Delete